Thursday, January 8, 2009

Goals... And not meeting them...

So one of my new year's goals was to blog daily. Here it is the 8th of January and I have yet to blog or even put up Christmas pics. Not doing so hot at this one. I will do better, possibly.

I have been getting ready to move. We are going to do a major purge. I am excited about that. I am sick of holding on to crap we don't need and now there is really no reason since we are done adding to our family. Unless we get some middle aged bug up our asses and decide to adopt. But that would be so far down the road that everything we have would most likely be obsolute. I'm sure by 2024 there will be much cooler items than a Bumbo or Leap Frog Learning Table.

So back to my goals, I always get so off track which is why I am not on track to meet them. Our goals are to purge all the stuff we don't need, be more organized, be more green, and make more health concious choices. Sounds pretty generic, but I am so looking forward to moving and revamping our lifestyle. We have the walk through of our house scheduled for this Saturday and closing should go down on Thursday, January 15th. It could possibly be later than that but hopefully not much since we selected that day so we would have three weekends following closing left in January to do the things to both the old and the new house that need to get done. We were told we need to paint Hannah's room. Apparently my dad isn't hip on bright ass purple and bubble gum pink. We also have a red accent wall to paint. That shouldn't be too big of a deal. Hannah is going to be so heartbroken when we paint her room. She picked those colors herself on her 3rd birthday.

Speaking of Hannah, my girl is turning 5. I am in awe. I still vividly remember the night we brought her home from the hospital and I sent Chris out at 3 in the morning to Wal-Mart (GASP!) for a breastpump because she would not stop crying but wouldn't nurse and that was having some unforseen consequences for my pajamas. We were so clueless. Who would've though that if you are going to breastfeed you may need a pump? I love my girl with my whole heart she amazes me daily with her capacity for reasoning and understanding. Right now she is in Justyce's room trying to teach Justyce the ABC's. Justyce isn't having it and is banging something with a toy hammer.

No comments: