Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our J-Baby

Justyce. Justyce. Justyce. This post is going to be dedicated to my little girl. I am going to say once again- she is so hard. She is the most difficult child I have ever had to deal with. Not that I have a long list of children whom I have cared for under my belt. I am so not a kid person. Kids are such a foreign being to me. I love mine and completely get mine but the rest just intimidate me. Anyway- back to J lady.

This child makes everyday a challenge and most days I am exasperated beyond belief. I consistently find myself commiserating with my mom and my husband about Justyce and just how hard she is. Right now I am realizing that I need to stop. I need to look at the positive. Justyce has made me a better mom. I constantly am having to find new ways of being patient and creative in order to meet her insatiable needs. She needs what seems like constant attention. But I am finding that its not constant attention that she needs but constant inclusion. As long as I strive to constantly include her in my day our days go much smoother.

Of course she still has her meltdowns and gets frustrated and yells at us all day. It wouldn’t be a day with J without that. I think J just needs more than Hannah did. Hannah is so easy. J has been hard from the 6 week mark in the belly. She has me on some form of bed rest for more than half of her stay in my body and in constant pain and fear of her ejecting herself early. And then she did eject herself early and has fought an uphill battle since.

I constantly wonder what the future holds for her to need such special love and guidance and I hope that I can help her meet her challenges successfully. Hopefully when we meet her challenges, together, she will still laugh and scrunch her face at me. She will still be everyone’s J-Baby.

No comments: