Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dilemna...

I always feel like I am having some sort of dilemna. Right now we are looking at making a locational change for our family. Houses are so freaking expensive. Its not the price tag on the house. Oh no, its the monthly payment every month for the next bazillion years. And if I move I want to NEVER have to move again. I want my final home an unfortunately I don't see that happening unless I make some serious lifestyle changes. It's not that I am afraid to make those changes, It's that I am afraid I am not disciplined enough to stick to those changes. I am not a naturally disciplined person. I cheat on diets, i don't take work seriously, I don't frequent the gym as I should, I impulse buy, I haven't done what I need to do to be good in the kitchen and I just plain do what I want.

How do people do it? How do they stick to a budget? How do they stay committed to being a good homemaker? How? How? How? I can do it. That I know. But can I stick to it? I would need to in order to get the kind of home I want, where I want it and not have to go back to work full-time. My biggest qualm is that I get my house and I don't stay disciplined and then I have to not go to school and work full-time and have no one to blame for my situation but me. I need some sort of frugal, homemaker rescue. Someone to come in, kick me when I am down and help me be disciplined and keep my wandering eye on that light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: